All enterprise languages, AppSec standards and benchmarks, such as OpenSAMM, BSIMM, MISRA/MISRA C, HIPAA, PCI DSS, SANS 25, OWASP Top 10 , OWASP Mobile Top 10, MITRA CWE, and FISMA, are covered by the NST Cyber Managed AppSec program. In addition to the well-known AppSec benchmarks and standards, we also use the following standards to guarantee the highest possible quality in our software security testing:
ISO/IEC 9126 (Secure Software Building)
ISO/IEC 15408 (Common Criteria)
ISO/IEC 27006:2007 (Certification and Accreditation)
ISO/IEC 27034:1-1-2011 (Application Security)
SEI Cyber Security Engineering Program
Testing to Remediation
We assist our clients in choosing the best remediation measures for detected flaws that cause security or availability problems or errors that can be abused by attackers. Instead of using a "one size fits all" approach that applies to all security vulnerabilities, each vulnerability is handled according to its business impact and context. This includes providing clients with appropriate bug tracking and risk score tools so they may make informed decisions about accepting, mitigating, or transferring risks.
NST Cyber uses a combination of AppSec testing techniques to guarantee code security.
Threat Modeling TM : Model threat possibilities early in software development life cycle (SDLC) and remediate it effectively.
Static Analysis (SAST): Testing from the outside in to find security flaws in custom code.
Interactive Analysis (IAST): Security testing that is carried out "from the outside in" and while the application is in use.
- Dynamic Analysis (DAST): Executing the application in order to test "outside-in security" and find exploitable flaws.
- Software Composition Analysis (SCA): Prevent security risks introduced by open source libraries.
Powered by NST Assure
You are always in control of managing your security assessment projects, remediation process, and revalidation assessments with NST Assure’s powerful collaboration and orchestration features.
- Be in line with security assessment process
- Holistic view of the threat posture for any or all assessment projects
- Real-time Collaboration with your Security Assessment Team
- Schedule Report walkthroughs or Debrief sessions at your convenience
- Secure Download of assessment reports and trackers
- Understand risk to compliance requirements before it is too late
- Focus on what needs attention and cut the noise
- Demonstrate ROIs and security posture to Executive teams